The Medicine Hat Police Service has grown into one of the most progressive and respected organizations within the Province and in western Canada. With over 15 specialized policing areas, using leading edge technology, sound recruiting and training practices, the Service continues to attract excellent men and women who are dedicated to continuing to make Medicine Hat a safe community to live, work and raise a family.
The Police Chief is the Chief Executive Officer of the Police Service and is responsible for overall leadership and direction of the organization. As the senior leader, the incumbent reports directly to the Police Commission, ensuring accomplishment of their overall strategic objectives. The Police Chief progressively develops the Service, ensuring alignment with the Police Service Mission and Core Values. The incumbent maintains responsibility for all aspects of policing in Medicine Hat, including planning, coordination, administration and implementation of Police Service operations.
The Chief will be a visible and inspiring leader in the community. Working collaboratively for the common good of the City of Medicine Hat, the Chief will be a strong communicator, approachable and engaged in the community, and demonstrate confidence in leadership with a commitment to continuous improvement.
To be considered as the next Police Chief you will:
- possess a relevant education and career background; a combination of education and experience may be considered.
- have significant experience in a progressive policing environment within a community with varied and complex issues.
- ideally possess a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a unionized police service.
- have progressive leadership experience including at least 5 years in senior management roles
- possess strong people skills.
- have a track record of community leadership experience collaborating with multiple key stakeholders.
- have demonstrated success and experience integrating strategy, people and business practices.
If this opportunity Interests you, find out more through Leaders International at this link: https://lnkd.in/gBQGZ-V
NOTE: For all inquiries and interest, contact Leaders International directly. Only applications submitted directly to Leaders International will be reviewed for consideration.